Saturday, April 14, 2007

Barentsburg

On Saturday, one week ago ("Påskeaften"), Bent and I went with some other students and their Easter visitors on a scooter trip to Barentsburg. All in all, we were 7 scooters that went on the trip. Those I remember who went, were Doro + her sister and mother, Hauke + his father, Marianne + her boyfriend, Sigrid and Matilda.

Me and Doro

On one of our early breaks, in Coles Bay, Hauke unfortunately broke the "pull thread/rope" on his scooter (I have no idea what this is called in English... "pull crank", somebody just whispered in my ear... it's the rope you pull to start your scooter). So we had to leave his scooter behind as there was no way for us to get it started.

Lehnin


Barentsburg spelled with Russian letters :)


Souvenir shop?


Nearest bar...


The first building that met us when we arrived in Barentsburg


The swimming pool had really nice mosaic on the walls and looked like it once upon a time was really pretty...


...but it has been decaying for many, many years, and looks far from nice to have a swim in, nowadays.


Happy Bent :)

It was really cool to finally see Barentsburg, I've been wanting to go there for such a long time!

No comments: