Sunday, March 25, 2007

Tempelfjorden and reindeer

The ship frozen into the ice in Tempelfjorden

On Tuesday, Doro, Eric and I got up early to go to Tempelfjorden. It was a beautiful day, and the scooter tracks going to Tempelfjorden are really easy to drive on, so we got there in no-time. We drove out on the sea ice to visit the ship which is frozen into the ice there, and after that we drove closer to the glacier which I visited with my "Snow & Ice Processes"-course last week.

One of the reindeer we saw on Sunday

My Dad and Maije came the same afternoon, to visit Svalbard for 3 days. Eric and I prepared dinner for them in my barrack.

Having my Dad and Maije for dinner in my barrack

I had bought some reindeer on "sale" in Butikken some time ago, and I figured it was about time to test out how to make it. Also, Eric was keen to see what reindeer tasted like, so it was a good opportunity to try it. Maije helped me a bit with the sauce, but otherwise I finally (for once!) felt like I really did a good job in the kitchen :D Maybe I can be a good grandmother one day afterall, and make fancy roast dinners on Sundays...

The reindeer we had for dinner on Tuesday... Yum!

No comments: